CITY OF JOHANNESBURG
VACANCY CIRCULAR: 023/2021
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete online job application form and attached all relevant documents.
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Applications, which have not been responded to within 6 weeks of closing date, should be regarded as
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
- Finalization of the appointments to be within 4 months from the closing date of circular.
PUBLISHED DATE: WEDNESDAY, 21 APRIL2021
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 05 MAY 2021
This Vacancy is open to External Applicants AND Employees of the City of Johannesburg
- Department: Housing
Branch: Public Housing Stock Management
Designation: Projects Officer X 30
Salary Range: R22 215.52 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
• Grade 12 / NQF level 4 plus diploma in Projects Management / Business Administration or Public
• At least 1-2 years’ experience within Project Management / Business Administration of Public
• Basic knowledge of Project Management and Human Settlement legislation / frameworks and
• Valid driver’s license.
Primary Function: Provide administrative and project support as well as Project Coordination on all
and or allocated housing development projects implemented by the Housing Department within the City
Key Performance Areas: Participate in the identification and conceptualization of new housing
projects. Liaising with relevant authorities (internal and external) on the latest best practices, policies,
standards, technologies, etc. Assisting and participating in the procurement of service providers in
terms of the MFMA 2003 in consultation with Group Strategic Supply Chain Management Unit
(GSSCMU). Assisting in conducting valuations of construction works in progress for construction cost
control. Attend and participate in all project site and management meetings to establish progress,
ensure quality of works and ensure that deliverables are met at required specifications. Providing
quality reports on the functions and performance of the PHP Section which are factual, accurate and
complete, timely; and contributes to and support the overall reporting requirements.
Leading Competencies: Conflict Management, Project management and Coordination skills.
Core Competencies: Computer Literacy (Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel),
good communication (verbal and written), coordination, presentation and listening skills required.
This is an employment equity targeted position and preference will be given to Indian Males,
White Males, Indian Females and White Females, including people with disabilities.
Contact Person: Sibongile Mthembu
Tel No: (011) 018 6661
Workplace: 222 Smit Street
All applications will be through the website using this link:
Or visit www.joburg.org.za and click on Vacancies.